Posts : 273 Join date : 2013-05-16 Age : 66 Location : Brighton, Victoria
Subject: Custom Exhausts Fri Jun 21 2013, 03:36
Some years ago I built this Tamiya Sdkfz 223 and was not happy with some of the kit supplied parts. I made up the exhaust outlet from the stem of a cotton bud for some added realism. I have known of some modellers drilling these out the ends of these parts, but in my opinion these cotton bud stems make a more realistic exhaust pipe outlet, I have also used brass, copper or aluminium tubes in the past as exhaust ends, or for full exhaust pipes on any Military Vehicle.
Modified exhaust outlet added to kit part.
Parts test fitted to model.
Exhaust parts painted and fixed to model subject.
The realist appearance on the model.
_________________ When you go home tell them of us and say, for your tomorrow we gave our today.
Those that never learn from history will always repeat it.