HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nakajima J1N1-Sa Type 11 KOU Gekko

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Nakajima J1N1-Sa Type 11 KOU Gekko   Sun May 19 2013, 04:25

This Tamiya kit is the 3rd production kit of the Imperial Japanes Navy's twin engined night fighter, the J1N1-Sa Gekko, {know to the Allies as the Irving}, is equiped with the Radar assist and the cannon arangement that was copied from the German's, as with all model kits of any Japanese aircraft {the cowling blue/black, ID yellow/orange, primmer brown, or either of the opaque interior [IJA or IJN] colours, have not been around for several years {since the demise of AeroMaster and their Warbird range of model paints}, on my model subject I have mixed the cowling blue/black and the opaque interior colour and the overall Dark Green is from the Xtra Color range of enamel paints, {this brand of paint is very hard to find, as their is NO Australian Agent but sometimes it appears from vendors at Swap Meets}.

The model is an O.O.B. build, with the addition of the etched belts for the crew, I elected to build my subject with an open canopy and cannon hatch. Weathering, exhaust and oil stains are created using the Tamiya Weathering Masters sets.

NOTE: This model was intended for entry in the 2012 Melbourne Model Expo but was not finished in time.

NOTE:- Model entered in the 2013 Model Expo Enhanced class and won Second in Class with my subject.
I will enter this in the NAM 2013 Comp in September.

Those that never learn from history will always repeat it.

Rob.
Back to top Go down
http://southernmodelclub.forumotion.com

Nakajima J1N1-Sa Type 11 KOU Gekko
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1