Southern Model Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discusion Forum for all topics of Plastic Model Subjects

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lockheed's F-16cj {Block 50}

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Lockheed's F-16cj {Block 50} Empty
PostSubject: Lockheed's F-16cj {Block 50}   Lockheed's F-16cj {Block 50} EmptySun May 19 2013, 12:55

Another of the Tamiya F 16 kits and this time it's the first release of the Viper family the Block 50, but it is built as a 'WHAT IF' and was my participation in another International Group Build, the kit has added external stores taken from yet another of the Tamiya F 16 kits, my subject is painted in the Humbrol 116, 117 and 118 on the upper surfaces and applied free hand with Humbrol 147 on the lower surfaces, the decals are taken from the spares box that are left over from the Airfix Hawk 127 kit. As I mentioned it is a fiction subject and made to replicate a well used airframe. Tamiya Acrylic Smoke was applied over the finished model except for the canopy. The application of the Tamiya Smoke adds a realistic weathered appearance, from sand, sun and salt water, the un weathered plain canopy frame replicates a replacement item. The Sharks Mouth motif was added to give this subject a more menacing appearance, when seen at low altitude level flight.

Lockheed's F-16cj {Block 50} 4494
Highlighted detail of the cockpit.

Lockheed's F-16cj {Block 50} 4485
76 Sqn RAAF Panther motif and Australian flag on the rudder post.

Lockheed's F-16cj {Block 50} 4496
Stencils applied and test fitting of the hard points and their stores.

Lockheed's F-16cj {Block 50} 4593
Lockheed's F-16cj {Block 50} 4594
Lockheed's F-16cj {Block 50} 4595
Lockheed's F-16cj {Block 50} 4597
The finished model subject.

NOTE:- I may build another of these 'What If' Viper subjects in the same scheme.
Back to top Go down
https://southernmodelclub.forumotion.com

Lockheed's F-16cj {Block 50}
Page 1 of 1