HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Another M 26 vehicle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Another M 26 vehicle   Fri Oct 04 2013, 03:59

Progress on this Tamiya 35 scale M 26 Recovery Vehicle, [this kit was originally released as the Dragon Wagon, that included the M-15 Trailer, used to recover damaged Sherman Tanks, a resin conversion from Real Model is available to convert the trailer into the M-15A1, which carried the M-26 Pershing Tank], which I bought from Glen as part of his recent clearance, I am building the vehicle in it's M 25 configuration, [which was the 6x6 tractor coupled to the M-15 trailer], only this time I have made a couple of changes to the kit supplied details, the chain and hook on the hand crane is an After Market item, that I cut to fit, the front winch under the cabin has 1.6 metres of twine added, [as per the instructions] and shackled to the centre of the front bumper, while the 2 rear mounted winches have 2.7 metres of twine on each drum, I added 2 shackles to the rear winch frame as a means of supporting the cable ends.

The cabin interior is Gunze Acrylic and the exterior, I am using the Vallejo Air paints as a test on this particular build.

Those that never learn from history will always repeat it.

Rob.
Back to top Go down
http://southernmodelclub.forumotion.com

Another M 26 vehicle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1