Southern Model Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discusion Forum for all topics of Plastic Model Subjects

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Single Action types

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Single Action types Empty
PostSubject: Single Action types   Single Action types EmptyFri Jun 21 2013, 04:33

In the days when I worked for the Victorian Hobby Centre, I was given a task to teach Basic Airbrushing {one Saturday each month}, for a couple of hours, from there I saw a need to write a product sheet as a means of explaining what I was teaching, over the years and to the present day I still update the original notes I used.

Single Action Units:

These units range in design, features, quality and performance, which determines the price and are suction feed styles. At the lower end of the scale we have the least expensive units and move up the scale to the more expensive types. All Single Action units have a fixed cone of spray and are adequate for applying a single colour, to either an Aircraft, Automobile or an AFV and would also serve as a good basic trainer type of airbrush, from there the range expands to those Single Action airbrushes fitted with a longitudinal needle, that will control the paint flow, such brands as the Badger 350, Passche H or the intermediate Delta units, that can apply a tri-coloured camouflage to any AFV, Aircraft, or a toned custom paint job to a model Car body shell, without any problem.

Definition:-
Single Action = Air + Paint when depressing the trigger.

Single Action types 0550
The first airbrush I ever used was this DELTA type.

Single Action types A19-190
The first Aircraft model I ever airbrushed the camouflage on, as I used the DELTA shown above and this model was displayed for several years as an aide in marketing the DELTA Single Action units on sale in the shop. The model has been on loan to the RAAF at Point Cook for the past 10 years.

Single Action types 0551
This Passche H unit was the unit I upgraded to a short time later to apply any camouflage patern to any of my model subjects, untill I upgraded to the Dual Action type.
Back to top Go down
https://southernmodelclub.forumotion.com

Single Action types
Page 1 of 1