Southern Model Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A discusion Forum for all topics of Plastic Model Subjects

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PT 15 Torpedo Boat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

PT 15 Torpedo Boat Empty
PostSubject: PT 15 Torpedo Boat   PT 15 Torpedo Boat EmptyMon Jun 03 2013, 04:22

This old Tamiya 72 scale kit of the JSDF Torpedo Boat was first produced in the late '70's as a motorized toy, but was a limited re-issue a couple of years ago and it is another that belongs to Matt, but as it is a modern day model subject Matt was not impressed when he opened the box. He asked me to build it a few days after he bought the kit and I have used it as a subject in my book {still being edited}, before I have it printed. The model needs a lot of filler and re enforcement sections to keep the deck level, {due to the removal of the battery box, motor and gear box assemblies}, it is all Neutral Grey above the waterline and a strange Green below. A lot of the hand rail posts where damaged and could not be repaired let alone rebuilt, the thread was kit supplied, the subject will be completed at sometime, but I doubt if it will ever return to it's owner.

PT 15 Torpedo Boat 0366
The build at it's present stage.

PT 15 Torpedo Boat 0367
Side view of subject.

PT 15 Torpedo Boat 0369
This is a large model for this small scale.
Back to top Go down
https://southernmodelclub.forumotion.com

PT 15 Torpedo Boat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern Model Club :: NAVAL: :: Military Types-
Jump to: